TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Regarding the inlet pipes, this should be interesting...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Regarding the inlet pipes, this should be interesting...

Posted by Mungyz on January 12, 2012 at 3:44 AM
  This message has been viewed 865 times.

In Reply To Regarding the inlet pipes, this should be interesting... posted by rojoloco (San Diego) on January 12, 2012 at 01:06 AM

Message Right OK time for a little sorting out of this BS on here.

Pilot P who commented on here requested that I make him a set of 2.5" turbo inlet pipes for his car. I did this for him using no one else's plans or ideas other than my own - as much as you can do within the constraints of making the concept work. Mths AFTER this work was done Ash released his intake pipes on to the market. AFTER I had made the kit for Pilotp. It is VERY likely Ash had been working on his product at the same time or before - I don't care, neither of us were the first to build such a kit & anyone who would claim this is an ass plain and simple. The whole 2.5" intake thing has been around for at least ten years here in NZ.

The beading on the intake is to prevent the couplers coming loose in extreme use such as racing etc where vibration can and will simple shake stuff off. The factory had it there, it takes five minutes to put it there, You are a lazy ass if you don't put it there.

The finish on the pipes in the pics in this thread was as per the customers request and the customer is VERY happy with the results. Go have a look on his build thread on the Aus site if you doubt it and ask him yourself if you still doubt it. The top pipes are powder coated the turbo inlet manifolds are painted with heat proof paint due to the proximity in relation to the exh manifolds.

The conical turbo outlet pipes, I had the "pleasure" of fitting someones POS 2.5" boost pipe kit to Pilotps car and ended up having to make a version (only for one side) of these pipes to make the system work on the car.
The RHD cars have air conditioning plumbing on the LHS of the car that prevents the use of any silicon expanding couplers etc on the LHS turbo to boost pipe joint. The expanding pipe was a requirement to make the kit work, had the customer deemed it worth the expense the other side would have been done also.

I offered to develop the kit I had fitted to Pilotp's car and sold to Mulazx further specifically for AMS & have built and sent them prototypes for testing.

I'm not confused at all, sadly a few members of this community are.

It's sad that so many of you are so full of hate you don't even bother to think or check to see what you ranting about is factual or fictional.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.